St Mary's Upper Street
A&RME are delighted to be working with St Mary’s, located in the heart of Islington, on several different projects for the church, church yard & the adjacent neighbourhood centre.
Kelley Christ of A&RME has been appointed inspecting architect to St Mary’s church. She & her team has worked closely with the Vicar & Standing Committee to prepare a five year strategic plan which will coordinate the project preparation, fundraising & delivery of projects.
St Mary’s has been very fortunate to receive a significant award of Section 106 funding toward their projects. This will help expedite their urgent repairs, as well as any wider aspirations in order to create the ‘Heart of Islington’ public space within the churchyard.
The Vicar, Churchwardens and Parochial Church Council of St Mary's Church
2014 - ongoing
Current and recent projects include:
- Repairs to spire and tower masonry.
- Investigations into the causes of structural issues to the Victorian Portico, currently on Historic England's Register of Buildings at Risk.
- Roof repairs to the Nave and Chancel including improvements to the rainwater disposal arrangements.
- New community gym fit-out within the Neighbourhood Centre, grant funded by Sports England.
- Re-landscaping the north churchyard as part of the 'Heart of Islington' project.